Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness is an adventure through the Marvel multiverse, which naturally means there are mind-blowing surprises and, of course, massive cameos galore.
Among the surprise faces that pop up throughout the movie, though, is one that’s bound to bring the house down – and they’ve even been long-rumored for an MCU role.
Now, consider this your major spoiler warning for Doctor Strange 2.
If you’ve made it this far, then you’ll know that, yes, John Krasinski is Mr. Fantastic in Multiverse of Madness.
Not only that, but Krasinski appears in the character’s famous blue costume, and even shows off his stretchy powers. Along with being a member of the Fantastic Four, he’s also a key player in the Illuminati, joined by Anson Mount’s Black Bolt, Hayley Atwell’s Captain Carter, Lashana Lynch’s Captain Marvel, Patrick Stewart’s Professor X, and Chiwetel Ejiofor’s Mordo.
If you want to know more about Krasinski’s surprise MCU debut and what it means for the future of the MCU, scroll on…
Who does John Krasinski play in Doctor Strange 2?
Mr. Fantastic (also known as Reed Richards) is one of the Fantastic Four from Marvel comics. Susan Storm (AKA the Invisible Woman) is his wife. Benjamin Grimm (AKA The Thing) and Johnny Storm (AKA the Human Torch) are also part of the super-hero team.
Reed Richards is a genius scientist, and, thanks to a mishap with some cosmic radiation, has the ability to stretch his entire body. The Fantastic Four film, still in development, will most likely see Richards as the next Fantastic Four character.
Will John Krasinski be in the Fantastic Four movie?
Well, that’s hard to predict. While in Doctor Strange 2, actors play different versions of their character – Benedict Cumberbatch and Elizabeth Olsen play multiple Stephen Stranges and Wanda Maximoffs, respectively – in Spider-Man: No Way Home, three Peter Parkers are played by three different actors (Tom Holland, Tobey Maguire, and Andrew Garfield). We haven’t yet met the Marvel timeline’s Reed version. Krasinski may have the role, or it could be someone else entirely.
Mr. Fantastic was previously performed in live action twice, once by Ioan Gruffudd and again by Miles Teller. We don’t know if they’ll return to the role.
There’s also the fact that Wanda turned Mr. Fantastic into stretchy spaghetti in a murderous rampage that wiped out every single Illuminati member besides Mordo…
No casting news has been announced for the upcoming Fantastic Four movie just yet, and director Jon Watts recently dropped out, too. We’ll have to wait to see if Krasinski is returning to the role. And if Emily Blunt, his wife, will play his screen wife Susan Storm. Many have fan-cast.
Want more on Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness? Then check out our guides to:
- Doctor Strange 2 ending explained
- Doctor Strange 2 post-credits scenes explained
- Our guide to Marvel Phase 4
- The rumored Doctor Strange cameos that never came true
- All the Doctor Strange 2 Easter eggs listed
- What does 616 in Doctor Strange 2 mean?
- Where Doctor Strange 2 fits on the Marvel timeline
- Who is Hayley Atwell in Doctor Strange 2?
- Who plays Captain Marvel in Doctor Strange 2?
- Who is Charlize Theron in Doctor Strange 2?
- Who is Black Bolt in Doctor Strange 2?
- Patrick Stewart is Professor X – but not the one you think
- Our full WandaVision recap
- The Marvel movies and shows to watch before Doctor Strange 2
- When is Doctor Strange 2 on Disney Plus?
- How to watch the Marvel movies in order
- Is Doctor Strange 2 too scary for children?
I’m an Entertainment Writer here at GamesRadar+, covering all things film and TV for our Total Film and SFX sections. After completing my BA in English, I worked as an editor on Immediate Media’s Disney magazine team.